Sunday, August 3, 2008

Research: The Evolution

So I quickly realized that my initial question of "What role does Transcendentalism play in Blithedale?" was very very vague and that I needed it to be a lot more specific if I was to get anywhere. So when doing my research I realized that there was a very common occurence in the plot-- Coverdale is very much affected by Nature. In fact, he seems to become more sensitive to the others around him when he is exposed to Nature (eg. when he becomes sick and has his dreams, when he takes his walks in the forest, when he is in his hermitage, etc.). I found out that Nature (note the capital 'n') was very important to the Transcendentalists and the Brook Farm was formed to get away from the confines of the city. I'm still in the beginning stages of my essay so who knows where my writing will take me.

Nick

PS. Don't worry guys this is taking me a long time too.
PSS. I find that most of the fun in writing this thing is coming up with the title.

No comments: