Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Conjure...Radioactive Celery!!!

I do have to admit that the Olympics were rather distracting but worth the time spent on watching. As far as the research paper is concerned, I also had issues with differentiating my own analyses from research. I also noticed that much of my research paper has some of the ideas taken from my original reading paper. Instead of simply repeating, I tried to use those observations and analyses to draw further conclusions about the similarities between the setting in the book and the historical setting for Chesnutt.

Why is procrastination so hard to fight? I was planning on revising my paper and finishing Sweet Cicely. Instead, I spent some time making radioactive celery in my kitchen. Why am I so easily distracted?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I don't have the answer for your last question, because I also am facing the same problem. =/

I watch the Olympics everyday and don't go to sleep until I run out of energy (which is approx. 3am).

If the time I spent on watching the Olympics were spent on doing my homework, I am done with all those now!

Maybe I need to make a schedule. I find it useful, and I always make schedules before finals.

Rohit said...

I think it's a good idea to use some of your reading paper to draw further analysis on your research - also because our reading papers are more polished and have more sound arguments. I think I should probably relate to my reading paper too...good idea.

Olympics aren't even distracting me...just the fact I am such a procrastinator =*(.

Tim said...

procrastination kills me too.

I just try to find a quiet place and try to remove as many distractions as possible.

melissa said...

Wow...radioactive celery...how random. You've definitely mastered procrastination.

I have to agree that revision can be somewhat tedious, but I thought reading "Sweet Cicely" was more enjoyable than work. Once I got into the book, I had to finish it.

Unfortunately, my attention was also drowned by the Olympics, especially since it was the only thing my mom watched this weekend. -_-